Thursday, June 21, 2012

I am a horrible blogger!

Okay, okay so I know it has been months since I blogged about anything.  I am horrible at this shit!  But in my defense I started out at the new year and then the worst semester of my life hit me square in the face!  Who thought working a forty hour work week and then taking two science labs Monday through Thursday nights at 6:00 p.m. would be so damn hard?  Sure not this girl!  But I survived and even managed to keep up my GPA.  Granted the house was a disaster area, I had forgotten how to cook and my marriage was in shambles.  Yes, I know my semester ended a month and a half ago and I am taking the summer off.  Frankly, I was too depressed to write about anything that wouldn't end in my whining like a baby about how much I hated my life.  Things were bad.  Things were bad at home, in my marriage, financially and in my head.  I was eating like crap and gained weight back.  I wasn't exercising.  All I did was lay around the house and be lazy.  I must say I have read like 10 books though since the end of April.  But I am pretty sure that is the only achievement I can claim for this summer. 

So I got my act together.  Started eating better and working out again and managed to drop twelve pounds for my friends Kat and Joel's Louisville, KY wedding.  I started cooking dinner again and manage to clean the house at least once a week.  The dishes and laundry get put away now and my husband and I are really working on our relationship.  I feel better.  And I feel like writing again!

My summer and fall seem to be filling up fast though as I get ready for my little brother's wedding!!!  He proposed to Sarah while they were on vacation in North Carolina a few weeks ago and are planning a December wedding.  Sarah asked me to be her matron-of-honor and I am so excited to be a part of their big day.  Plus it is another excuse to buy a pretty dress and matching heals!!! 

I think I am going to dig through some of my old writing notebooks and see if I have anything good in there to share with my readers . . . because I have so many I am sure!  Or maybe I can rework some not so great pieces . . . we will see what happens!


No comments:

Post a Comment