Wednesday, January 4, 2012

There was snow inside the porta potty . . .

Last night we celebrated a friends birthday by going out to dinner in Adrian, which is almost an hour drive from home.  I left my car at their house and we rode together to the restaurant.  We had a lovely dinner which involved way too much food and a few too many drinks, as usual.  Our friends wanted to stay and shop, so I rode back to their house with my husband.  I did not think to pee before we left the restaurant.  That was a mistake.  As soon as we arrived at their house and I stepped out into the frigid night air, I instantly had to pee.  The house was locked and the only place between there and my home 30 minutes away was a gas station porta potty.  Not even a gas station rest room, no a gas station porta potty.  Now, I am not finicky girly, girl as some of you probably already know.  While I am cautious of porta potties, I will do what I have to do when in need.  As I opened the door, I could see illuminated solely by moon light that the porta potty was full of snow.  So I pulled up my big girl panties, or more accurately pulled them down, took a deep breath and did my business as quickly as possible.  My poor cheeks were icy by the time I made it back to the car, but I had left it running with the heat blasting full power so that I could recover as quickly as possible.  Luckily, I had hand sanitizer on my key ring.  Lesson of the night:  Pee before you leave the restaurant especially during January in Michigan because you never know when a porta potty may be your only option.

No comments:

Post a Comment